In this post, you’ll learn how to fix the try again later error on Instagram.
If upon opening your Instagram account this morning you received this message :
“Try again later: We limit how often you can do certain things like following people, to protect our community. Tell us if you think we made a mistake.”
You are not alone! Many users of the social network are blocked every day.
Instagram is very rigid and straddles its rules, but you can be unblocked easily. Find out why you were blocked, and more importantly how to get unblocked quickly in this guide.
Reasons of the try again later error on Instagram
If there’s one thing Instagram hates, it’s being bothered by its users. Here’s what the blocking is due to 90% of the time:
- You followed too many new accounts in a short period of time
- You’ve liked/commented on too many posts in 24 hours
- You have unsubscribed from many accounts in a few minutes
- You have sent many similar private messages
- You promoted your product/site/account in private message
How to fix try again later error on Instagram quickly?
Report an issue
If you have recognized some of your actions in the list above, this method will not work for you. It’s better to wait for the usual delay.
If you have not abused the platform, just click on the “Report a problem” button. The request is usually processed within 24 hours, but no notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to you.
Remember to check your account regularly.
Change your IP address or device
Instagram may have blocked your smartphone or IP address, changing it may be enough to remove the limit from your account.
- Restart your router to change its IP address, or ask your carrier for an IP address change.
- Switch to mobile data to get a more widely used IP address.
- Try logging into Instagram from a different device.
- If you use a VPN, disable it to access Instagram.
Complete your profile
This adds “credibility” to your profile, and sort of confirms to Instagram that you’re not a robot.
- From the Profile tab, tap Edit Profile and fill in as much information as possible (including in Personal Information).
- Add a profile picture, a description, your age and country at the very least.
- Create an Instagram post if your profile is empty, or add a story.
- Some users have also reported that linking your Facebook account to your Instagram account increases that credibility and makes it more secure.
Disconnect any third party app
If you use a third-party app to increase your number of likes or followers on Instagram, disconnect it quickly.
These applications go against Instagram Terms and your account might get deleted.
If after all these steps your profile is still blocked, you’ll have to be patient. Most users are unblocked in less than a week, but it can take up to a month. Remember to follow Instagram’s rules!
How to avoid the try again later error on Instagram?
Afraid to get this try again later error on Insta? No worries, follow these recommendations.
There are several things you can do in order to avoid getting this error.
- Avoid at all cost bots that automate likes or follow on Instagram
- Avoid using link in bio tools that can be considerend as spam
- Do not do anything spammy such as sending many DMs or others.